Friday, September 5, 2003

My manifesto

1.  I believe in the Constitution of the United States of America, as it is written.  That includes the Second, Ninth and Tenth Amendments.  I do not believe in "penumbras", "implied powers" or the need for a judge to look to the laws of some foreign country to determine what the law of the United States is.  The Constitution is THE authority.

2.  I believe in the sovereignty and independence of the United States of America.  I do not believe that this nation should ever have to subjugate its will to that of any world body.

3.  I believe in a strong national defense and the protection of the nation state, the United States of America, from all entities and nations that seek to destroy her or that give aid and comfort to those that seek to destroy her.

4.  I believe that the FEDERAL government must be limited to those functions that are authorized by the Constitution.  If the citizenry decides that the Federal government should engage in activity not authorized by the Constitution, then the appropriate remedy is a Constitutional amendment.

5.  I believe in liberty.  Liberty includes the right to engage in conduct that does not interfere with other individuals' liberty and further includes economic liberty to engage in activity for profit without governmental interference unless such conduct constitutes harm to another person.

6.  I believe that earned income is the property of the wage earner until such time as the government takes it in the form of taxes.  Therefore, tax cuts cannot be equated with government spending because the money does not belong to the government until it recieves it.

7.  I believe that government is the least efficient entity available for attempting to solve social ills and that typically government exacerbates the problems it attempts to solve.

8.  I believe that the best thing government can do for the economy is to stay out of the way and permit people to compete and be productive.

9.  I believe that liberty is more desired than equality.

10.  I believe that most human achievements have been reached by men and women pursuing their own self interests.

11.  I believe that with liberty comes the responsibility to behave in a manner consistent with traditional morality as advanced by Judeo-Christian teachings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lone, saw this on the AOL boards. Outstanding! Sending it to every lib I know.
Many Thanks,
WL

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Just as the many times you have in the past, you have once again expressed my exact thoughts very eloquently. I hope oneday you and I will be legislators working together to restore the Constitution. Keep up the good work of making people think!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Love this as I do many of the thoughts you post to the board. :) My thoughts exactly.
Regards, Jeri
JALEVS